Manager Reliability/Test Engineering
Location: Burlingame, CAPosted: October, 2016
Aperia Technologies is bringing to market an innovative approach to automatic tire inflation for the transportation industry. Our solution will have a significant effect on transportation companies’ bottom-line as well as their environmental footprint. Aperia is a venture backed, innovative start-up that is on a path towards high growth as the industry pulls our technology onto the worldwide stage. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Aperia is positioned near Tesla, ATDynamics, Peloton Technologies and a myriad of other visionary transportation focused companies. With the infrastructure to support rapid innovation and the resources to attack the problem head-on, Aperia presents an exciting career opportunity.
Aperia Technologies is focused on producing exciting, smart, and reliable products in the vehicle efficiency space. We are looking for a seasoned senior level Reliability/Test Engineering Manager to join our team, to apply a mastery of reliability testing, new product testing, data analysis, developing new test methods and systems thinking to develop amazing products.
Working at Aperia, expect to stretch your problem solving skills daily; you will regularly solve technical challenges which require a highly developed mix of theoretical know-how, strategic thinking, and hands-on engineering. If you are a talented engineer and team-player with a thirst for improving product reliability against a severe product use-case environment, you have come to the right place.
Design, develop, and execute reliability testing on current and newly developed products and technologies
Develop, maintain, and execute a company-wide testing strategy that results in continuously improving test methodology, test fixtures and product quality. This strategy involves not only the direct reports within the independent test team, but also others within Engineering and Technical Support.
Develop designs of experiments (DOEs) to rapidly understand product weaknesses and failure modes
Develop analysis tools to facilitate rapid processing of test data and delivery to cross-functional teams
Perform statistical analysis on lab test data and field test data to expand the team’s understanding of product performance and risk
Support the development of accelerated test methods
Support development of new test fixtures, fixture improvements, and fixture maintenance protocols
Write test plans, procedures, and reports
Develop standardized test methods
Support DFMEA and PFMEA development
Support development of a Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
Provide guidance to cross-functional engineering teams with system failure assessments
Summarize and interpret complex test results and present to an appropriate audience, especially to executives, in a way that enlightens and informs them.
Define a clear testing strategy for Aperia and the approach to execute it.
Define the necessary skills for a test team and successfully hire people with those skills.
Preferred Experience with
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant industry experience with a Bachelor’s in related engineering discipline or a 5+ years of relevant industry experience plus a Master’s degree in related engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in reliability test design, development, and execution
- Able to lead and coordinate direct reports to meet test program goals
- Strong electronics background with emphasis on test
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and solving technical issues
- Strong intuition for rapid determination of failure root causes
- Sound understanding of physics of failure, engineering first principles, and statistics
- Experience in accelerated test methodologies
- High aptitude for mechanical design
- Proficient in Excel and MATLAB
- Experience in operating sensorized test fixtures
- Skilled in rapidly processing large datasets and drawing succinct conclusions
- Strong communication skills
- Excited about working in small, face-paced, cross-functional teams
- Highly values cross-training and skillset development
- Weibull statistical analysis
- LabVIEW or similar data acquisition systems
- Automotive test methods and standards
- Testing pneumatic systems
- Vibration testing and analysis
If you are a talented, passionate, and ready to take on a challenging position, please submit your resume and cover letter using the link below.
Aperia is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. While Aperia has normal working conditions, extended work hours may be required to meet assignment deadlines. The physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job are typical. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BACK TO CAREERS